Spring is finally here in the Northern Hemisphere and the days are growing longer and warmer. It is around this time of year when we as a family feel the itch to pack up and travel.
Anyone else know the feeling? One of our all time favorite destinations with kids is London, England.
We always read about our destination in advance and let the kids choose a few things they would like to do. Here are their top five favorites for London:
1) Visit Piccadilly Circus at night when the neon lights are lit up. My son read about it in This is London so we made sure to plan dinner in the area that night just so we could check that one off his list!
2) See the mummies at the British Museum. Thanks to a tip from Not For Parents: Everything you wanted to know my son was obsessed with seeing the mummies! (His favorite was the pet cat mummy!)
3) Of course Big Ben is an absolute must…
4) Ride on the London Eye. They begged to take a ride and it ended up being their absolute favorite!
5) Watch the Changing of the Guards. It may not be something you would have to do if you visited frequently, but for a first-time visitor? Mandatory!
Don’t forget to take a photo in a red phone booth and try fish and chips, too! We are always amazed by how open our kids are to new experiences and how well they travel!
Are you planning a spring or summer vacation this year? Where will you be heading?
Flying House by Traveling Mama
Editor’s Note: Tina will be back next month, sharing more kid-friendly things to see and do in another fun travel destination!