How to Host a Grilled Cheese Party with Revel and Glitter
Did you know April 12 is National Grilled Cheese Day? With only three ingredients, bread, cheese and butter, grilled cheese is one of the most popular comfort foods around. Turn it into an afternoon of fun when you invite friends over to build new creations for a Grilled Cheese Party!
Let guests experiment with different types of textures and flavors.
- Bread – Start with study breads like sourdough, rye, baguettes and ciabatta.
- Cheese – Keep your cheese options simple and familiar; there are many popular cheese flavors like Pepper Jack and Colby to mix things up. If you have a daring crowd, try goat cheese, mozzarella, and smoked gouda.
- Meat – Cooked bacon and thinly sliced meats like roast beef, pepperoni and salami, are tasty protein additions.
- Fruit/Vegetables – Have a few fruit options, like thinly sliced Granny Smith apples, pears or strawberries, for a sweet kick. Sneak in tasty veggies like fresh arugula, avocado and sweet onion slices.
- More extras – How about a few crunchy add-ins like French fries and potato chips? It will surely elicit a giggle or two.
- Condiments – Spread options from classic butter to hummus, wasabi mayo and pesto can give any sandwich a savory finish.
Offer a few pairing suggestions like brie with strawberry jam, cheddar, red onions and bacon or Pepper Jack, arugula, and jalapenos for a spicy twist. This is why I love chalkboard paper, it is so easy to write down tasty suggestions.
What better way to serve up tasty sandwich creations than on these bread slice plates from Crate & Barrel?
Instead of serving with tomato soup, pair with cherry tomatoes and apple slices. Don’t forget the pickles!
Happy cheese party planning!
Bread Slice Plates// Crate & Barrel
Photo Post Cred: Dawn Smith, Revel and Glitter