There is something magical about autumn time in Ohio. The crisp earthy scent of leaves and wood that fill the air, the spices of vanilla and cinnamon that seem to always linger, and the bold, velvety colors that paint the landscapes. Autumn in Ohio is a true treasure that invokes all the senses. It’s only natural that we embrace this time of year and carry it into our homes, into our kitchen.
Since we don’t eat gluten in our home (and a long list of other foods due to my son’s Crohn’s disease) we came up with this simple, gluten-free pumpkin pancake recipe using almond flour, autumn spices and, of course, pumpkin!
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
– L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
GLUTEN-FREE PUPKIN WAFFLES | serves 4-6 |
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup pumpkin
3 Tbs. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
nonstick cooking spray or coconut oil
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- In a medium bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the pumpkin, eggs, honey and vanilla and whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix.
- Grease your waffle maker and add 1/4 cup of the batter and cook until lightly browned.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and enjoy!