I think that every mother who has a daughter must go through a stage where she dreams of decorating a dollhouse for her little one, right? Well, that’s definitely the case with me at least. I love decorating my own home but decorating a miniature home is 1000 times more fun. It can also get pretty pricey, especially when it comes to modern dollhouse furniture. I have chosen to make most of my furniture and this is one of the easiest I have done so far!
To make your mid-century hairpin leg coffee table, you will need:
1. A birch tag (found at most craft stores in the wood section)
2. Jumbo paper clips
3. Wood glue
5. Screwdriver & one screw the same width as the paper clip
7. Wire cutters and a hammer
1. Mark where your legs will go with your marker and then screw a nail into each hole to create an opening to insert the table legs.
2. Open up the paper clips and cut them at the mark shown.
3. Bend the legs inward with the pliers so that the base is more narrow.
4. Open the legs again, and insert them into the holes you created with some wood glue. Tap them in with a hammer to secure.
I love how this turned out. Let’s just hope my two-year-old can appreciate it just as much!