This Halloween, encourage their wild side! From lions, tigers and bears, oh my! to T-Rexes and dragons, Go Fun Face! offers a variety of fun, high-quality animal masks for children, tweens, teens and beyond. Not only are these masks perfect for Halloween, playtime, dress up, birthday parties, costume parties, school spirit, and more; but also they promote dramatic and inventive play, a key factor in early childhood development.
These are not your every day party store masks. Go Fun Face! masks consist of a foam rubber material, making them soft, durable, and easy to wash. They are patented with one-of-a-kind, artistic designs that will have children roaring like lions. Why is dramatic play so important? It fosters social skills, imagination, and empathy through pretending to be someone or something they are not. This later results in tolerance and acceptance in the real world. Currently, Go Fun Face! has seventeen animals and mythical creature to choose from including wolf, tiger, bear, lion, elephant, t-rex, shark, dragon, monkey, bull, and more. Many of which come in different color combinations. Masks retails for $22 and up. For more information, visit https://www.gofunface.comand check out their Facebookand Instagram.
“When Witches go riding and black cats are seen, The moon laughs and whispers, Tis near Halloween.”
Clothing// Tutu Du Monde – Halloween Collection
Hair Accessories// Knot Hairbands
Shoes// Zara Kids, Chapter2
Glitter/Makeup// Galexie Glister
Photographer: Amy Carson
Model: Molly Carson
I really love Halloween because I love costumes, tricks-&-treats, jack-o-lanterns, ghosts, goblins and everything Fall. Does anyone else, besides me, like to decorate their home for Halloween? Every year I put up a “Trick or Treat” banner and sparkly ghost & pumpkin lights and we carve a spooky jack-o-lantern. This year I was on the search for new Halloween decoration ideas and I found cute ghosts, skeletons, bats & cats that I know both me and my babiekin will love. Here are some wicked cute Halloween Decor Ideas from my search – they are all so cute I can’t decide which one I like best. Do you have a favorite?
For this Halloween why not try one of these unique & cool costume ideas for your babiekins? With a little imagination your babiekins can quickly transform into a black cat; a butterfly fairy; a cool pirate; a magical unicorn; a knight in shining armor; a space exploring astronaut; a nesting matryoshka doll or a sweet strawberry. I hope this round-up can help inspire you to come up with a cool costume as unique as your babiekin! These cool costumes can also be worn for imagination play all year around. Enjoy & Trick-or-Treat!
Garlands are always fun and easy way to get festive for any holiday. They can be made with simple things you might already have lying around the house, or things that could easily be found at the dollar store. I found a pack of orange balloons and green tissue paper, and put together this pumpkin garland. To add a little more spook, I added a jack-o-lantern face on the balloons. The kids and I plan on throwing a pumpkin carving party, so we will be using our pumpkin jack-o-lantern garland to decorate!
Pumpkin Balloon Garland DIY
Total time: 20 minutes
Green tissue paper
Green curling ribbon
1. Cut out pumpkin leaves from the green tissue paper, about 1-2 per balloon.
2. Cut out 10″-12″ strands of curling ribbon.
3. Blow up various sizes of balloons.
4. Tie the ribbon to the balloon knot and glue on pumpkin leaves. Curl the ribbon.
5. Cut out a 4′-5′ strand of ribbon and tie the balloons on. Glue on more pumpkin leaves on the string between each balloon.
6. Cut out a jack-o-lantern face from black tape and place on some balloons.
Halloween is all about about tricks and treats, and this pumpkin surprise ball is definitely a trick-or-treat. Make one for a gift — or make a bunch for a Halloween party. Put in some creepy trinkets, as well as some sweet treats, and children will love unrolling it to uncover what’s hidden inside.
Pumpkin Jack-o-lantern Surprise Ball DIY
Total time: 30 minutes
Crepe paper streamers, orange and brown
Black construction paper
1. Start with something ball shaped in the center ,and wrap with crepe paper until completely covered. Wrap the item completely before moving onto the next object.
2. Continue to wrap the remaining trinkets, with largest items getting wrapped first, and leaving smaller items to be wrapped last. As you wrap each item, shift the angle of the streamer, so that you overlap each layer little by little. Continue to wrap each one, pulling tightly (but gently) at the streamer, so that it is is taut and smooth, and the trinket stays in place. You’ll want a pumpkin shape, so be mindful of how your ball is being shaped as you wrap.
3. Once you wrapped your last object, cut the streamer and glue in place.
4. Cut out a tiny jack-o-lantern face from your black construction paper and glue onto the front of the pumpkin.
5. Cut out a small piece of brown crepe streamer and roll to create the stem. Glue on top of the pumpkin.
Have fun creating with your little babiekins!
Halloween is only a few weeks away and I have already started to mix-up items in my babiekins closet to make my son a cool bad guy costume for Halloween. My favorite Halloween costumes are a unique mix of fashion items and dress-up playful accessories. I love keeping Halloween simple by adding masks, wings or capes to a simple dress, striped tee or classic sweatshirt to create a costume as unique as your babiekin! If you have a newborn, I also love a simple wrap with ears for your babiekins’ costume because it is simply boo-tiful.