Real kids, real trends
Babiekins is all about real, wild, childhood and authentic living. We’re high-fashion, but we value whimsy over tradition. Playful childhood is more important to us than making kids into copycat adults. (Say it louder for the people in the back!)
If you’re a long-time reader, you remember a fun weekly series called LIL’ STYLEKINS, when we used to feature real style from real kids. Well, hold your horses because WE ARE BRINGING LIL’ STYLEKINS BACK! Each week, we’ll put the spotlight on one of our adorable readers, and show you how one little trendsetter has styled a week’s worth of outfits from his or her closet. And for this series, real childhood reigns. No headshots, no professional photoshoots, no makeup, no editorials.
Real kids, real trends, real fun.
How to get featured on Babiekins
Want to share your little’s looks with Babiekins blog readers? Here’s how! Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your child’s FIRST NAME and AGE
- Your LOCATION (city, state, country)
- PHOTOS of your child in 5-7 different outfits
Here are a few more important things to know to increase your likelihood of being chosen.
Photos you submit…
- …should be aesthetically pleasing and inspiring, but should not be professional model photos
- …should show the entire outfit, not just the child’s face
- …should be taken at the child’s level, rather than top-down, looking down at the child.
- ..should have a bright, fun, but uncluttered background
- …should not include makeup
- …should not be retouched or excessively edited or filtered
- …should incorporate authentic expressions (no duck face!)
- …should not be square.
- …should not have appeared on or in any other children’s fashion magazine or blog
- …should not contain words, text, or doodles.
- …should consist of one single picture, i.e., no collages
- …should be at least 700 pixels wide.
- …should not be extremely large files — our servers start to complain and spit the files back out! : (
Have multiple kiddos? You can either combine them into a single LIL’ STYLEKINS submission, or you can give them each their own spotlight — your choice.