How many children do you have // Two girls, Limi (3) and Claya (18 months)
What’s the most magical thing about having children// For the most part, it’s all magical…….but especially the surprising conversations like discussing why clouds float and how whales wee……
What do you do (job)// In 2013, my sister and I started a kids brand called ‘une belle époque’….we grew up with a mother who was a brilliant seamstress and made up a lot of our ‘designs’. in 2010, i had my fist daughter and wanted to dress her in a simple style, mostly found in French designs. i found beautiful pieces but couldn’t afford to fill her closet with these labels. pregnant with my second daughter, i decided that i wanted to create a small label of kids clothes that focuses heavily on simple styles, natural fabrics and a bit of vintage English detailing. it’s early days but we’ve had amazing feedback and we’re working hard to grow the brand into the vision that we have in our heads.
What did you want to be when you were little// First a ballerina and then for a very long time, I wanted to be a vet but on big animals like cows and horses for some reason……
What are your favourite things in the kids world right now//
1. Pepper Ink: Limi is crazy about stickers and tattoos at the moment so Pepper Ink are an amazing company who make temporary tattoos – i love their vintage florals.
2. Aigle Kids Wellington Boots: there has been so much rain in England this Winter. these boots make it all about the fun of splashing in puddles.
3. Caroline Bosmans: a talented Belgium designer whose latest collection, TMMDI, is amazing
4. Books by Chris Haughton: we have to read ‘Oh No, George!’ to Claya every. single.night
5. Elastic Bands: we’re making an elastic band bouncy ball at the moment….
Something I have always wanted to do but haven’t is… // Learn to surf. I grew up around the sea in South Africa and never took the chance that was right in front of me…..now, there’s not as much surfing to be done in and around London.
Name one person we should all be following on instagram//
kristinrogers (although i think that everyone is already following her 🙂 – for the humour and surprises in her feed
Check out une bele poque here : unebellepoque.com