Happy National Tooth Fairy Day! To celebrate, I have this easy sewing project for you. This sweet pillow is perfect for little teeth and makes the Tooth Fairy’s job much easier at night. No longer does she have to go digging under the pillow, hoping not to wake the wee one. This way, all she has to do is pick up the tooth in the pocket, and in exchange, leave her dollar bills (or change). Make this with your child to celebrate their first tooth coming out or make it as a gift to surprise them. Regardless, it will be perfect for every night the Tooth Fairy has to pay a visit!
Total Time: 1 hour
Tooth Fairy Pillow Template
24″ x 14″ piece of white fabric
Embroidery thread, optional
1. Cut your pillow pieces from the template.
2. Paint the face on one of the fabric pillow pieces. Allow to dry completely.
3. Cut out a 4″ x 4″ piece of pocket for the tooth pocket.
4. To make the pocket, fold down the top edge of the fabric piece 1/4″, press, fold down another 1/4″, press, pin in place, and topstitch. Fold the remaining 3 sides in 1/4″ and press. Place the pocket centered on the back pillow fabric, right side facing up, pin the folded sides in place, and edge stitch around the 3 sides.
5. Place the pillow fabrics with their right sides together. Sew around the edges of the pillow, leaving a 2″-3″ opening for turning. Clip the curves , turn right side out, and press.
6. Stuff with poly-fill to the desired thickness and slip stitch the opening closed. If desired, embroider any additional embellishments onto the pillow.