Halloween is all about about tricks and treats, and this pumpkin surprise ball is definitely a trick-or-treat. Make one for a gift — or make a bunch for a Halloween party. Put in some creepy trinkets, as well as some sweet treats, and children will love unrolling it to uncover what’s hidden inside.
Pumpkin Jack-o-lantern Surprise Ball DIY
Total time: 30 minutes
Crepe paper streamers, orange and brown
Black construction paper
1. Start with something ball shaped in the center ,and wrap with crepe paper until completely covered. Wrap the item completely before moving onto the next object.
2. Continue to wrap the remaining trinkets, with largest items getting wrapped first, and leaving smaller items to be wrapped last. As you wrap each item, shift the angle of the streamer, so that you overlap each layer little by little. Continue to wrap each one, pulling tightly (but gently) at the streamer, so that it is is taut and smooth, and the trinket stays in place. You’ll want a pumpkin shape, so be mindful of how your ball is being shaped as you wrap.
3. Once you wrapped your last object, cut the streamer and glue in place.
4. Cut out a tiny jack-o-lantern face from your black construction paper and glue onto the front of the pumpkin.
5. Cut out a small piece of brown crepe streamer and roll to create the stem. Glue on top of the pumpkin.
Have fun creating with your little babiekins!