Spring has sprung and not far around the corner is the much anticipated Summer..Which means it’s about that time to pack your bags, load up the family, and head out on an adventure ! Every good trip brings joyful memories to cherish for a lifetime but it is important to help have smooth sailing on that vacation one brings the right gear. Pops of color for the accessories, a stylish backpack to help carry a large variety of yummy snacks + toys + colorful rocks found along trails + etc , stylish hats that protect one’s skin from the harsh yet welcomed sun, and boots that are made for walkin’ . With those items and an adventurous spirit you are destined to have a fabulous adventure !
We love the way Stephanie Hanna incorporated our one of our favorite winter staples, buffalo plaid, into her home’s Christmas decor. Below she gives us a little insight and tour…
The stockings and pom pom wreath were my DIY projects this season. I bought plain stockings from Michaels and embellished them with pom poms, tassels and gold letters. The stocking holders were a fun Target dollar section find. For the wreath I bought a real wreath, wrapped it in lights, added red pom poms from Michaels and finished it off with a Merry Christmas banner. My home is definitely where my heart is and I hope you can find a little inspiration in it for yourself this holiday season.
Who is in the boy club? Raise your hands please 😉 cause once you are in DA club, you ARE in DA club!
You know, “…the first rule of Fight club (ahem boy club) is that you do not talk about the Fight club, the second rule of Fight Club (ahem! boy club) is…” look point one… but just the fact that this quote comes from one of my favorite movies is a perfect example that I was made for da club, I was meant for da club and I know no different.
(If you don’t know what movie I am referring it was called, of course, obviously Fight Club 😉 look it up, do I need to say more than Brad Pitt’s abs but I liked Edward Norton more – but that is a whole other essay!)
Anyway, I shall break the rule 1&2 and talk a little about the boy club, cause I am sure many can relate…
- you are baptized into boy motherhood early on, changing a diaper, straight in the face, or maybe eye, even more significant!
- you notice that their obsession with being naked starts surprisingly early too
- you quickly realize that they never stop moving, you probably see moms in mom groups with kids sitting on their laps, probably girls, so you also learn not to compare your boys to girls early on too…
- you drop the act of developmental milestone games and gross motor skills enhancement theories pretty quickly too, you notice all you need to do to entertain them is make faces and fart noises
- you probably know the pain of stepping on a Lego or hot wheel bare foot – pain of which may as well be comparable with early stages of labor
- you will most likely start visualizing their girlfriends early and get surprisingly worked up
- it is completely acceptable to purchase spiderman socks, batman underwear, ironman shirt and captain america pyjamas
- toy cars have a life of their own, they creep out at night into your bed, purse, underwear drawer and sink
- but most of all, they make you do things you might have never done as a girl, they make you more spontaneous, they make you re-discover a tom boy inside and they make you laugh so darn hard…
- and finally everyone knows boys love their mamas till the end of times….
As a momma to three boys, I so appreciated this lifestyle shoot of Breegan Jane shot by Katee Grace. I always thought I would have at least ONE girl because of how girly I was but after having three — I have come to realize that having boys and being a boy mom is special. There is nothing more unique than a bond between a mom and her boys and this poem is simple and perfectly explains it!
Rugs and pillows
out of place,
Cars and tractors
here and there,
Blocks and boats
Gold and silver
have I none,
But worth a million
is my Son.
If I know what love is, it is beacuse of you! – Hermann Hesse
This quote is so true. I remember looking into my first borns eyes right after he was born and that instant ‘head over heels’ love I felt for him. Motherhood is a beautiful thing.
I’ve been on the hunt for a cute mama bag that holds all mine and my kids necessities. I’m not a BIG bag lady… but when I came across Molly G Handbags I knew I found a gem. This thing holds everything and isn’t HUGE. The “Wild Child” bag is designed with hidden pockets that you can put your cell phone and keys in…and if you’re anything like me then you need those compartments.
They have some amazing designs to pick from and are offering our readers 25% off any bag on the site. Use code: BABIEKINS and go spoil yourself. After all it’s Mother’s Day this weekend and we deserve to treat ourselves to something cute.
Mother’s Day is this Sunday, and my boys usually surprise me with a bouquet of fresh flowers and artwork that says they love me – my husband also has gotten very good at finding something special for me that says thanks for all I do. In the spirit of making the day spent with your loved ones extra special, I thought it would be nice to share a round-up of goodies for the mama in your life that will be sure to brighten up her day and help you say thanks for all that she does. Enjoy & Happy Mother’s Day to all Momkins and Expecting Momkins!
I’m a very selective person when it comes to pieces in my wardrobe. My clothes have to be multifuntional and work with my lifestyle. You will usually see me in black, gray, white and blush tones… oh and denim.
I love being able to interchange things at a moments notice… and staying with this color pallet makes that possible. For example this top from Santa Marguerite can be put with a pair of jeans and some cute clogs or act as a dress for a night out.
My accessories are the same. I own two purses…I know what mom only owns two purses??? Well me. And this one from Day and Mood is perfect. I love the fringe and it holds so much more then what you would think.
What are your must have items in your closet?