With the stretch of summer ahead of us, it is a time when many of us are packing our bags and heading off to new destinations.
Since the most common image of Greece is of the tiny white islands such as Mykonos, the coast of the Peloponnese has been left nearly untouched and an ideal place to vacation with children. It’s quiet beaches are frequented mostly by the Greeks, the restaurants nearby run by Yiyias and Papous (grandmas and grandpas), and the pace is slow and relaxing.
Renting a car at the Athens airport is a breeze and so is navigating the highways. We like staying somewhere like Paris Village for a little of a “live like a local” feel but with the added bonus of a pool!
When we ask our kids where their favorite adventure has been, Greece is always at the top of their list! It is pretty hard to beat those long, warm nights, the cool dips in the sea, and a brisk morning swim in the pool!
Don’t forget to let the kids try Souvlaki (Greek shish kabobs) and Saganaki (Greek flaming cheese!) Opa!
Flying House by Traveling Mama
Ok, well I could easily list more than five, but here are some of our favorite toys that keep us busy these days.
1. BlaBla dolls for the wild imagination.
2. Dinosaurs for the little scientist.
3. Pattern Play blocks for the future mathematician.
4. Keyboard Piano for the musician.
5. Legos for the inner architect.
Enjoy your weekend!
Liz // Yellow Finch
Let’s talk about these amazing puzzles from Grimm’s Spiel & Holtz, which arrived at our house this week..eeek!! I have been blown away from fellow Instagram friends when spying these gorgeous pieces of art/toy pop up in my feed. In shame, I admit to ordering them for myself as decor for my children’s room. Upon arrival & opening the box my kids flipped over them!
Here is Crew with the Large Wooden Stacking Rainbow Tunnel, and Waves Element Stacking Blocks:
Give me more Grimm’s, please!
XO Britt Ritchie
Spring is finally here in the Northern Hemisphere and the days are growing longer and warmer. It is around this time of year when we as a family feel the itch to pack up and travel.
Anyone else know the feeling? One of our all time favorite destinations with kids is London, England.
We always read about our destination in advance and let the kids choose a few things they would like to do. Here are their top five favorites for London:
1) Visit Piccadilly Circus at night when the neon lights are lit up. My son read about it in This is London so we made sure to plan dinner in the area that night just so we could check that one off his list!
2) See the mummies at the British Museum. Thanks to a tip from Not For Parents: Everything you wanted to know my son was obsessed with seeing the mummies! (His favorite was the pet cat mummy!)
3) Of course Big Ben is an absolute must…
4) Ride on the London Eye. They begged to take a ride and it ended up being their absolute favorite!
5) Watch the Changing of the Guards. It may not be something you would have to do if you visited frequently, but for a first-time visitor? Mandatory!
Don’t forget to take a photo in a red phone booth and try fish and chips, too! We are always amazed by how open our kids are to new experiences and how well they travel!
Are you planning a spring or summer vacation this year? Where will you be heading?
Flying House by Traveling Mama
Editor’s Note: Tina will be back next month, sharing more kid-friendly things to see and do in another fun travel destination!
hi! it’s christina (c:) + ashley (:a) from the side-by-side blog neutral hue. we are so thrilled to be the newest contributors here at babiekins and sharing our love for neutrals with you. christina is mom to 9-month old little mila, is from the city, modern and sleek. ashley is mom to 1-year-old little wyatt, loves the country, rustic and classic stylings.
today we’re sharing our neutral holiday gift guide picks for your own little ladies and little men in their first year! what tiny neutral products do you love most? we’d love to hear more! give us a tweet at @neutralhue and let us know, and check out our pinterest boards to see more of our neutral baby picks here (:a) and here (c:).
ashley + christina
:a for your little man ….
1. cameo by rux silhouette rattle / 2. oeuf paw mittens at j.crew / 3. paper mache ram at anthropologie / 4. rustic wooden “w” from restoration hardware baby&child / 5. le petit tom driving mocs / 6. zara kids trousers + suspenders / 7. baby gap flap hat / 8. earthblocks at jayson home
c: for your little lady ….
1. wooden heart teether at etsy / 2. oeuf little star hat / 3. little giraffe leggies / 4. swedish glockenspiel at canoe / 5. zara home golden glider pillow / 6. le train fantome first best friend / 7. blankie sweat shirt dress at smallable / 8. personalized baby ring by mark and graham
Corby tindersticks is my new friend. I have been spending lots of time on their website, reading their blog and smiling at the quirky and wonderful things i have found. There are cushions, prints, t-shirts and some items i am not even sure what they are, but every single thing I love. Bow ties, balloons, buttons, color and fun, all things i look for when i am designing children’s rooms. Hope these make you smile also, Love Jacinda x
1. Build A Robot | Wooden robot with 4 interchangeable heads, made by Plan Toys
Available for £21.50 at sparkleandspin.co.uk (see list of retailers in other countries here)
2.Bellio Lädertofflor | Organic leather robot slippers, made by Bellio
Available for 339 SEK/kr at madeforkids.se (see list of retailers in other countries here)
3. Robot Illusions Shirt | Robot heads on cotton tee, made by Kid Robot
Available for $25.00 at kidrobot.com (see list of retailers in other countries here)
4. Robot Print/Poster | Archival print on paper, made by LuvinEveryMinute on Etsy
Available from $10.00 at luvineveryminute.etsy.com (international shipping available)
5.Wooden Robot Kit | Contains wooden parts, paint, brushes and glue, made by Dumpling Dynasty
Available for $21.50 at wuandwu.com (to inquire about international shipping contact Wu and Wu)
6. Robot Wall Decals | Twelve removable vinyl wall decals, made by RadRaspberry on Etsy
Available for $20.00 at radraspberry.etsy.com (shipping to Australia, US, and Canada)
7. Robots Explorers Board Game | Solar system exploration board game, made by Eeboo
Available for $19.00 at littlered.com (to inquire about international shipping contact Little Red)
-Gina / Oaxacaborn
I recently discovered K studio at a local design store here in my city and have not stopped thinking about their work since. I immediately got on their website to check out more of their products and really just can’t get enough of them. Pillows, bags, artwork, figures, and gifts. I love the kid mixed with adult feel and could see any of their products in a common living space or kids room. LOVE!
Have a good weekend! LINDSAY // LITTLE ONE LOVE
If you celebrate Easter, Happy Easter weekend! If not, bunnies are still cute, right? I pulled together some of my favorite bunny themed goodies from some of my favorite companies. Have a wonderful weekend! – LITTLE ONE LOVE
1. Bla Bla Kids’ Pierre and and Fleur the Bunnies / 2. Coral and T’usk Chick Onesie / 3. Coral and Tusk pocket bunny and lucky rabbits foot / 4. Poppy’s Closet bunny onesie.
In Melbourne we are spoilt for choice when it comes to beautiful homeware stores. There are so many that sometimes I take for granted what talented, amazing people are showcasing their wares. Except when I walked into a little store called Maiike. I don’t know how i found it, or what i was doing, all i remember is walking in and thinking “oh lord, where am I?” I remember walking back out of the store to see where i was, looking for the name of this shop and that’s when all the thoughts started…could i cancel my next client to spend more time here, did i have any money left on my credit card and if not could i layby, who makes this quilt, what’s it made of, does it come in other colors, oh it looks great with that cushion, and if i get the cushion and the quilt, i will need that hand knitted bunny also. When all these questions start flooding, i know i need to take a deep breath, tell myself to calm down, and just look… one item at a time. Some people meditate to sounds of the sea, some people to raindrops on the roof, but me, i close my eyes, take a deep breath and picture myself back in the land of Maiike.
P.S. Happy Easter
Lots of Love, Jacinda – Hide & Sleep