Who is in the boy club? Raise your hands please 😉 cause once you are in DA club, you ARE in DA club!
You know, “…the first rule of Fight club (ahem boy club) is that you do not talk about the Fight club, the second rule of Fight Club (ahem! boy club) is…” look point one… but just the fact that this quote comes from one of my favorite movies is a perfect example that I was made for da club, I was meant for da club and I know no different.
(If you don’t know what movie I am referring it was called, of course, obviously Fight Club 😉 look it up, do I need to say more than Brad Pitt’s abs but I liked Edward Norton more – but that is a whole other essay!)
Anyway, I shall break the rule 1&2 and talk a little about the boy club, cause I am sure many can relate…
- you are baptized into boy motherhood early on, changing a diaper, straight in the face, or maybe eye, even more significant!
- you notice that their obsession with being naked starts surprisingly early too
- you quickly realize that they never stop moving, you probably see moms in mom groups with kids sitting on their laps, probably girls, so you also learn not to compare your boys to girls early on too…
- you drop the act of developmental milestone games and gross motor skills enhancement theories pretty quickly too, you notice all you need to do to entertain them is make faces and fart noises
- you probably know the pain of stepping on a Lego or hot wheel bare foot – pain of which may as well be comparable with early stages of labor
- you will most likely start visualizing their girlfriends early and get surprisingly worked up
- it is completely acceptable to purchase spiderman socks, batman underwear, ironman shirt and captain america pyjamas
- toy cars have a life of their own, they creep out at night into your bed, purse, underwear drawer and sink
- but most of all, they make you do things you might have never done as a girl, they make you more spontaneous, they make you re-discover a tom boy inside and they make you laugh so darn hard…
- and finally everyone knows boys love their mamas till the end of times….